At Wong Fleming, we are committed to providing quality legal services in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment. We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner and in full compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
- integrate the consideration for environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities;
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
- train, educate, and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work;
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical, and suitable;
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly (paper, toner, office supplies);
- promote e-mail communication in order to reduce the need for printed materials;
- promote electronic filing where applicable to reduce the need for messengers and printed materials;
- wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice;
- minimize energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimize our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable;
- operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate;
- apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community;
- purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same;
- assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce;
- ensure that all employees understand our Green Policy and conform to the high standards it requires;
- address complaints about any breach of our Green Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned;
- update our Green Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates, customers and partners;
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers, the public, and encourage them to support and join Wong Fleming’s environmental commitment;
- strive to continually improve environmental performance and minimize the societal impact and damage by periodically reviewing our Green Policy in light of our current and planned future activities.