Tariq Zafar is a Partner in the Firm’s Sugar Land, Texas office with a practice concentration in Corporate Law, Business Transactions and Structuring, Estate Planning, Real Estate, and Business Litigation. He is a member of the Commercial Litigation, and Government Relations practice groups.
Mr. Zafar served as General Counsel to State Representative Garnet F. Coleman and did transactional work at the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. Mr. Zafar currently serves on the board of directors for Accesshealth and the Alliance for Multicultural Community Services, and is a proud volunteer with Fort Bend Lawyers Care, Brazos Bend Guardianship Services, and the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program. Mr. Zafar is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Houston Bar Association, and the Fort Bend Bar Association.
Mr. Zafar has been a part of the Houston community for over 30 years. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Texas at Austin and a Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree from the University of Houston Law Center. He is a member of the Fort Bend Leadership class of 2014.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Member, Fort Bend Bar Association
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEECHES
- “To Compete or Non-Compete: Non-Competition Clauses” (Texas Minority Attorney Program, State Bar of Texas, 2017)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2000)
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin (1997)