Troy A. PriestVcard
Troy Priest is Partner-In-Charge of the Firm’s Washington, DC office, a Partner in the Firm’s Baltimore office, and Chair of the Insurance Litigation and Products Liability Practice Group. Mr. Priest concentrates primarily in products liability defense, mass tort litigation, representing claims against security professionals and law enforcement officers, medical malpractice and insurance defense as well as food and beverage law. Mr. Priest also has experience investigating claims, rendering coverage opinions, and litigating coverage issues.
Mr. Priest has extensive experience litigating wrongful death and severe or catastrophic personal injury or property loss. He also has extensive experience managing complex litigation matters. He has led the defense of complex litigation in a wide range of tort, insurance and products liability disputes. He has also been retained during the pre-litigation claims stage to assist and direct investigations, participate in examinations under oath and appraisals, and to provide counsel and analysis with respect to the early resolution of claims.
Mr. Priest has served corporate and institutional clients across a diverse array of industries, including numerous jury trials. He serves clients regionally and nationally through the firm’s Washington, DC and Baltimore offices. He is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Washington, DC and Maryland. Mr. Priest serves as Vice President of the National Minority Law Group and is a member of the NAMWOLF Insurance Initiative Committee.
- Litigation of mass tort litigation for Fortune 500 and developing companies
- Defense of wrongful death, false arrest, false imprisonment, assault, battery, malicious prosecution, excessive force, qualified immunity, and §1983 claims on behalf of private security firms and law enforcement agencies
- Defense of wrongful death claims for corporate and institutional clients
- Defense of complex and high exposure tort and insurance claims as lead counsel
- Defense and management of products liability and mass-toxic tort claims for manufacturers and distributors of consumer and industrial products as well as pharmaceutical and medical devices
- Handling both first-party and third-party insurance coverage analysis and dispute
- Food and beverage law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Insurance Defense & Products Liability
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports
- Intellectual Property
- District of Columbia
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Leadership Breakfast of Maryland
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, MA, (1993)
- B.A., Brown University, Providence, RI, 1990