Shahzad Qadri is a Partner in the Firm’s Bellevue, Washington office of Wong Fleming and Chair of the Immigration Law practice group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and business and immigration law, with a focus on investment based EB-5 Regional Centers.
Prior to joining Wong Fleming, Mr. Qadri served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the King County Prosecutors’ office in Seattle, Washington. Mr. Qadri also has significant experience in the areas of insurance defense and toxic torts.
- Successfully executed a $240 million multi-use project in the State of Washington.
- Assisted and successfully restructured a transaction involving a defaulting dealership and major car manufacturer.
- Advised and assisted clients with the purchase of a $65 million plus resort property and assisted in obtaining foreign investments for the development of the resort.
- Successfully executed a $650 million green energy project in the State of Washington.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Awarded “Rising Star” by Law & Politics
- Nominated Washington Leadership Institute Fellow by the Washington State Bar Association (2010)
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Board of Trustees, Young Lawyers Division, King County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Refugee Women’s Alliance
- Secretary, Minority Business Entrepreneurs Input Committee
- Member, National Minority Supplier Diversity Council
- Chair, World Education Foundation
- “Islamic Banking; An Introduction” (Business Law Today, July/August 2008).
- “Islamic Finance: An Alternative” (Banking and Financial Services Policy Report, January/February 2009).
- “Shariah & Estate Planning” (Washington State Bar Journal/American Bar Association GPSolo Law Trends, 2008).
- “Islamic Marriage Contracts in U.S. Courts” (American Bar Association GPSolo Law Trends, 2008).
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (1999)
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, University of Washington (1996)