Ramina Dehkhoda-Steele is the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s Redmond, Washington office of Wong Fleming. Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele is Co-Chair of the Commercial Litigation practice group. She is an avid litigator and has extensive experience in various areas of the law, including, complex real estate transactions, insurance defense, general liability, premises liability, and real estate. Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele also has a growing litigation practice with a focus on employer representation, which includes providing training to employees. She is also a frequent speaker at seminars on pertinent issues relating to employment law.
Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has represented many Fortune 500 companies in employment and racial discrimination matters. Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has been representing large companies with respect to general liability, premises liability, and insurance defense for the past 10 years.
- Handled Washington State’s retailer litigation for international insurance company involving core and tender premises and general liability matters.
- Represented five of the largest school districts in Washington State handling their core and tender general and premises liability matters.
- Successfully litigated multiple premises liability matters, which ultimately resulted in positive arbitrations.
- Defending a multi-party general and premises liability matter involving vendors and employees. Successfully obtained summary judgment dismissing three of the Plaintiffs.
- Represented a major technology company and successfully defended against claims for racial discrimination.
- Successfully defended and represented a private school against claims of wrongful termination.
- Successfully negotiated workouts of defaulted loans for SBA backed loans with full principal payoffs.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase and development of a mixed-use property as a public/private joint venture with the City of Tacoma. Responsibilities included assistance in identifying and negotiating a construction loan for the project, permitting, and investor relations. This was a $45,000,000 project.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase, development and management of a large hotel and casino valued at $30,000,000, including assisting in the financing of the entire portfolio as well as investor relations and corporate management. The hotel and casino are tenants in common and have a comprehensive TI agreement with respect to use of the property and taxation issues.
- Represented a chain restaurant in negotiating a long-term lease with the local port authority.
- Prepared and negotiated with a city and port on a sublease of a distressed property to be used in a targeted employment area for investment and job creation purposes.
- Prepared and negotiated and implemented complex master lease for a Fortune 100 Financial Institution for their retail banking locations.
- Negotiated and drafted anchor tenant leases for a major oil company.
- Represented a non-profit foundation in the purchase of land from the City of Seattle.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- Employment and Labor Law
- General Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, NMSDC
- Arbitrator Panel, King County Superior Court
- Chair, MBAC Minority Business Action Committee
- Board Member, King County Sexual Assault Recovery Center
- Chair of the Board, “Refugee Women’s Alliance”
- J.D., Oklahoma City University, School of Law (1998)
- B.A., University of Washington (1995)