Sloan Schickler is Of Counsel to the Firm’s New York office of Wong Fleming and has significant finance and corporate experience. She counsels clients with respect to automotive finance, including, leasing, retail installment sales, dealer floor plan finance, asset securitization, real estate, and corporate structuring, governance, licensing and compliance. Ms. Schickler has advised angel investors with respect to investing in start-up companies and has negotiated substantial licensing agreements in the areas of information technology and artwork. Her clients have included major commercial banks, financial institutions, captive finance companies, investment banks, leasing companies, motor vehicle manufacturers, motor vehicle dealerships, real estate investors, hedge funds, angel investors, and public and closely-held corporations.
Prior to joining Wong Fleming, Ms. Schickler was a Partner in a New York City law firm for over 20 years and before that an Associate in a prominent New York City firm.
- Designed the documentation and compliance procedures for financing $750,000,000 recourse loans collateralized by motor vehicle leases and installment sales contracts.
- Designed the structure and formulated the documentation for a $200,000,000 asset backed securities program which combined a securitization model with a warehousing mechanism thereby creating an ongoing continuous investment pool.
- Designed and documented a $90,000,000 securitization of motor vehicle leases and installment sale contracts.
- Numerous sales and financings of motor vehicle lease portfolios and retail installment sale contract portfolios including UCC purchase/sale at foreclosure, ranging in amounts from $1,000,000 to $38,000,000.
- Designed a master purchase program for acquisition of retail installment contracts from an independent finance company.
- Created and authored: dealer security agreements, intercreditor agreements, consumer and business motor vehicle leases for use in multiple states, master leases, retail installment sale contracts, floor plan financing programs, municipal equipment lease and related documentation and compliance procedures for banks, lenders, leasing companies, franchised motor vehicle dealerships, and used motor vehicle dealerships.
- Conducted multi-jurisdictional assessment of motor vehicles sales finance company licensing requirements including related vehicle dealer licensing.
- Represented a lender before the regulatory authorities in connection with applications for licensed lender, sales finance company, and the like.
- Represented a lender in a $10,000,000 syndicated real estate loan for social investment purposes.
- Negotiated and prepared the IT licensing agreements for the primary accounting, payroll, and human resource systems at a major investment bank.
- Structured and conducted a controlled auction of commercial real estate, realizing over $22,000,000 on property originally appraised at under $10,000,000.
- Represented lead investors of private placement of up to $3,000,000 in a start-up company developing high tech biometric identification solutions.
- Represented commercial property owners in financing and refinancing of apartment buildings and commercial properties including preparation and negotiation of store leases, sub-leases, and subordination and non-disturbance agreements.
- Represented corporate, limited liability companies and partnership clients in day to day activities including organization, shareholder, operating and partnership agreements, buy-sell agreements, licensing, and basic governance.
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- SDNY, EDNY
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Class Agent, 1996 – present
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Alumni Interviewer, 2010 – present
- Congregation Rodeph Sholom: Chair Youth Engagement Committee 2010 – present; Education Committee; Founder and Chair Young Professionals 1993 – 1994.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law (1988)
- B.A., with Distinctions, Connecticut College (1983)