Ahmed, Alia FatimaVcard
Alia F. Ahmed is a Partner in the Firm’s Bellevue, Washington office of Wong Fleming. Ms. Ahmed concentrates her practice in the area of complex litigation and family law. Ms. Ahmed is an avid litigator and routinely tries cases in Superior Court. Ms. Ahmed has gained the respect and recognition of Judges and attorneys alike for being a strong advocate for clients.
Ms. Ahmed regularly volunteers for the American Cancer Society as a camp counselor for children with and recovering from cancer.
- Successfully represented a client falsely accused of domestic violence to obtain custody/visitation.
- Successfully represented a client married under Islamic Law in a dissolution proceeding, specifically addressing a dowry contract executed pursuant to Islamic Law in another country.
- Represented a client in an international relocation addressing the Hague Convention requirements for child abduction.
- Corporate Law
- Family Law
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North American South Asian Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Volunteer, American Cancer Society
- Volunteer Attorney, Washington State Bar Association Moderate Means Program
- Volunteer Attorney, Latino/a Bar Association of Washington Legal Clinic
- Volunteer Attorney, Refugee Women’s Alliance Legal Clinic
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (2006)
- B.A., University of Washington (2003)